Archive for the ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ Category
How to Make Your Resolutions into Reality – Part 1: Set Intentions and Focus on 6 Areas of Your Life
By Sylvia Chan
As we welcome 2011, this is a great time to set your intentions on what you want to attract into your life this year. You have the opportunity to create positive changes in your life right now!
Many of us have made New Year resolutions before, we achieved some of our goals, but other resolutions remain unfulfilled. This year, we would want to help you to achieve your resolutions and turn them into reality.
When we make a list of resolutions, very often we ended up with a big list of things to do. In fact, after jotting down a huge list of things to do, we feel a bit overwhelmed by all the THINGS that we’re committing ourselves into doing! How many times have you started the new year with a huge list of resolutions, and find yourself feeling disappointed or disillusioned when you fail to achieve your big list of resolutions? How many of you still have the resolution list by the end of the year to see if you’ve accomplished what you’ve set out to do?
Therefore, it is important to create “Focus” in making our resolutions. If you look at your big list of resolutions, you can probably group each of your resolutions into the following main areas:
– Career: your work/business, your household
– Finance: your relationship with money, finance situation
– Love: your romantic love life and your family life
– Relationships: your relationships with friends, relatives, coworkers, etc.
– Health: your health, your fitness level, body shape/weight
– Growth/Spiritual: your spiritual growth and personal development including further training/education, learning something new, etc.
The advantages of focusing on these 6 areas of your life are: Read the rest of this entry »